An Interview with Vickie L. Evans of President of Soaring High Productions

Vickie L. Evans is a woman who wears many hats.  She is the founder and "Boss Lady" of two organizations:  1) President of Soaring High Productions (SHP),  a talent management and vehicle of expression for playwrights, actors, and aspiring authors alike. Under the umbrella of SHP, eight authors have launched their careers and accomplished their dreams of becoming a full-fledged author.  Actors who have never acted before, are now accomplished and award-winning actors/actresses because of their affiliation with SHP.  2)  Chief Executive Officer of Performing Arts and Literary Society (PALS), a 501C3, public charity that advocate for social change utilizing the performing and the literary arts.  Our motto is, "We say, what others would like to convey...utilizing a stage play.” 

Other "hats" Vickie Evans wears:
1) Multi Award-Winning Playwright
2) Best-Selling Author
3) Victims Right Advocate for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
4) Inspiration Queen - Self-Esteem and Personal Development Coach
5) Ordained Minister
6) Motivational Speaker
 What was your motivation to start your own business?
After writing my first book, "The Art of Forgiving" and after sending out multiple query letters to publishing houses trying to get my book in the public eye...to no avail, I began to seek answers.  What I found was that it wasn't because my book wasn't good, but it was the submitting criteria that was flawed.  Many publishing companies did not accept unsolicited manuscripts. That simple meant, you have to know someone or be known of someone in order to be published.  I questioned, how can you get to know someone or get acquainted, if you could not get your foot in the door?"  I found the same problem where it pertains to performing artists -- only celebrities, not local actors, were given the platform to express and showcase their acting skills.  As a playwright, that was disturbing.  In my frustration, I sought a remedy to both of those problems.  "I know what I'll do...I'll start my own business and provide a platform for both entities, authors and actors to express their gifts, therefore opening an avenue for me to showcase my original work stage plays and books."  Henceforth, in 2005, Soaring High Productions was birth and established.  

What path did you take to get to where you are now?
As a trailblazer, there has been rough roads to dig and gravel foundations to pave. Each lesson has supplied the groundwork of what to do...and what not to do!  Each lesson has been great revelation and has given me strength to succeed.  Twelve years later, we are still in existence. And for this, I am thankful.


Tell me about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be the most significant in your career and why.
This is a hard request because I am proud of all of my accomplishments.   God has entrusted me with multiple gifts and talents and I am proud of each one by name and nameless as well.  So, I am thankful for every good and perfect gift that he has blessed me with.   I'm glad to be a playwright. I am also creating a documentary for child witnesses of domestic violence who  has lost a parent to domestic violence entitled, "Left Behind, Remembering The Times!"

If we circle back here a year from now celebrating what a great year it’s been for you in this role, what would you have achieved? 
A year from now, I want to be one road closer to Broadway.  Before my eyes close on this earth, I will produce a play on Broadway.  I will receive a Tony Award.  And...I will be prosperous and married. 



How incredibly awesome to own a production company! What questions, if any, do you wish I would have asked? Please be sure to check out Vickie by visiting her links below.




Instragram:  https://www.instagram.com/pals_arts_advocacy/

Comments