An Interview with Norma of Norma’s Bath and Body

Norma started Norma’s Bath in 2004 after a car accident put her out of work. She started making kids crafts and wedding gifts, from there she went into making soaps. Soap making wasn’t anything she planned, and definitely not anything she dreamt of doing, but now 14 years later she is makes entire lines bath and body products and ships all over the world. 





What was your motivation to start your own business?

I was out of work and I  messed around with making soaps, lotions for myself. and my soon to be husband back in 2005 encouraged me to start selling online and expand outside of my home.

Walk me through some of the first few steps you took to get to where you are today? 

My First steps was  "Okay, where do I start and how do I do this?" I'm self- taught. So I researched on the Internet and found other ways to make my Dreams Happen. It started like a baby starting crawling, and then I walk. not easy, but almost 14 years later it's worth it. Being a go-getter you have to be. Never accepting giving up you have to be. and pushing through all the negativity from others that you'll eventually faced helped me to work even harder than I did before. 

What has been your biggest challenge so far? 

Getting new Clients is always an issue off and on after almost 14 years. 

How did you overcome this challenge? 

I just keep finding new ways of finding new clients. figuring out whom to market too etc. you have to always push past that. you will succeed.

If a young person walked up asking your advice and only had a few minutes, what would be your best advice? 

Do your research! Find out your niche and go for it. 

Natural body care is always the way to go. Be sure to check Norma out at her online shop listed below.

To shop Norma’s Bath and Body:
Norma's Bath and Body
Accept Wholesale Orders!

Comments