An Interview with Foundations 4 adVANCEment

Wanikka Vance, M.Ed is the founder and CEO of early childhood academy, Foundation 4 adVancement as well as a curriculum publishing company, and children's author. Foundations 4 adVANCEment strives to stand among the nation’s leading private schools and is driven to foster the full potential of each student, through a rigorous curriculum, engaging teachers and a nurturing learning environment. We will prepare our students to be a strong force in the global community and to be recognized as models of active and ethical citizenship.



What was your motivation to start your own business? 
I worked in the public school system for 10 year and didn't like how the students were being setup to fail. My goal was to create a learning environment that was conducive to them succeeding. I wanted to ensure that the whole student was being educated on a daily basis. I believe in exposing students to college, careers, entrepreneurship, and mastery starting in their foundational grades. 

Walk me through some of the first few steps you took to get your business up and running? 
I wrote out my vision, mission, and targeted audience. Then I started working my way backwards from my end goal in order to create my implementation steps.

What has been your biggest challenge so far? 
Marketing and exposure has been my biggest challenge 

How did you overcome this challenge? 
I have started working with a marketing coach to help me create a better marketing plan for my business 

A young person walks up asking for advice and only has a min. What is your best advice?
Always follow your passion. Don't be afraid to change your plan in the middle. In all things have integrity. Know your worth! 

Did you enjoy learning about Foundation 4 adVANCEment? What questions, if any, do you wish I would have asked? You can learn more about Foundation 4 adVANCEment by visiting their website.

Comments