An Interview with Chanel Spencer of Maximum Evolution

Chanel Spencer, a 31 year old mother of two is an author, speaker and CEO of her company,  Maximum Exposure. The focus of Maximum Exposure is development, professional and business development. Recently, Chanel was  promoted to General Manager at the Doubletree by Hilton in New York.




What was your motivation to start your own business?
I have always been driven and my passion is to help others succeed as I continue to learn, grow, and be successful.  I want to build a legacy for my children and grandchildren.  The motivation was to break down barriers, generational curses, allow myself to be the person I am destined to be in the world, and provide the opportunity to pay it all forward.

What path did you take to get to where you are now?

I originally believed that I wanted to be a CFO. My focus was Accounting.    I started as an Accounting Clerk for a Law Firm. I then started working two or three jobs at a time to make ends meet.  One of then included being a Guest Service Agent for a hotel. I worked my way up to Accounting Manager.  I was promoted to Regional Accounting Manager.  I realized I enjoyed Accounting but did not feel passionate about it.  I shifted to Operations and was promoted to Assistant General Manager.  Now I am a General Manager.  I have been with my Company for eight years.  I have been on a personal development journey as well.  It pertinent that I continually grow and heal to be who I need to be in the world.

Tell me about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be the most significant in your career and why.
I launched my company Maximum Evolution this month.  I won Manager of the year for 2017.  Now, I am a General Manager.  We will be renovating my hotel.  It will have complete facelift.  It will start in April end in March.  I am working on my book called Beautiful Woman and a co-author in an anthology.

If we circle back here a year from now celebrating what a great year it’s been for you in this role, what would you have achieved?
Winning Hotel of the Year. Exceeding budgeted revenues, flow through to GOP, RevPar monthly and annual goals. 
Holding the number one spot for our employee opinion surveys 
having at least two professional development clients.
Have one business development client.
Publishing my book and book tour in at least five cities same with the anthology. 
Book at least two speaking engagements 
Purchase a home and get engaged.
 Did you enjoy learning about Chanel and Maximum Exposure? What is your take away from her interview? Comment below. You can keep up with Chanel by following her on the links below:


Facebook:

Instagram:

Website:

Comments