An Interview with Joelle Nwoke

Today I am interviewing Joelle Nwoke. Together with a real estate group, they make plans for their clients so that they can see their best credit score ever and be able to either purchase a home or have financial freedom to make purchases.


What was your motivation for starting your own business?
I will never forget when I wanted to buy my own home.  I was single and had no children and I was making a lot of money!  When they pulled my credit report they literally laughed at me.  No one offered help, I just heard, "Sorry pay your bills and maybe try in a year."  But I wanted my house now!  Fixing my credit became my new obsession and literally in 30 days I went back to the people that had laughed at me and now they were competing for my business!  I knew right there and then that I wanted to help people get their credit fixed and be able to purchase a home without having to feel like a second class citizen....

Walk me through some of the first few steps you took to get to where you are today? 
First I had to do a lot of research to understand the industry.  Second I had to make friends with people that were in this industry as well and align myself with the right people, people who had knowledge in areas I was weak in.  You can't build effectively by yourself.

What has been your biggest challenge so far?
The biggest challenge was finding the right mix of people.  It was also understanding that everyone that comes into your business is not going to stay.  You have to understand that some people will come and then leave and that is ok. You may also make some mistakes along the way and align with the wrong people, that is ok as well.  You cannot take anything personal or say you will not deal with people.  You just have to get smart as to what your needs are and begin to trust yourself and identify who is who. Take every mistake as a learning lesson and keep pushing ahead! 
How did you overcome this challenge?
I was blessed early on to know that I needed great mentorship. I invested in mentorship a great deal, sometimes I did not want to and I was almost forced to but I am so glad that I did. Mentorship is the most value commodity you can invest in for your business.  So it was through mentorship I was able to successfully navigate the challenges.

If a young person walked up asking your advice and only had a few minutes, what would be your best advice? 
Learn and figure out who you are.  Trust yourself and the biggest mistake to make is to be afraid to make one.  Look to others more successful than you to help find your balance.  Just like your needed your parents help to learn to walk, find a successful "business parent" that you connect with and who is successful so they can help you find your business balance.  Don't worry what others are saying about you keep focused and pressing forward!  
To schedule your appointment with Joelle Nwoke 

Click bit.ly/JoelleNwoke to schedule an appointment
Office 484-525-0225






Comments