An Interview with Antoinette Cain Of Charmed Life Apparel


I have had the pleasure to interview Antoinette Cain to get some insight on her brand Truly Charmed. It all started in November 2014 when she decided that she had held off on pursuing her dreams long enough. She went to her first modeling audition, got the job, and she has been in love with the runway ever since. She started her blog, Truly Charmed, as a way to chronicle her modeling endeavors. It has evolved into a lifestyle and fashion blog. After working with various designers and boutiques as a model, she found the desire to branch out and open an online boutique offering trendy apparel and accessories for women. Charmed Life Apparel was launched in May of 2017.




What was your motivation to start your own business?
Entrepreneurship is only natural for me. I have always wanted to be my own boss and live life on my own terms. Truly Charmed allows me to combine my passions, writing, and fashion while encouraging others to pursue their dreams.


Walk me through the first few steps you took to get to where you are today.
I started by writing a business plan. Before I start any new pursuit, I always do lots if research. You should always have a good understanding of the ins and outs of your industry. That means having a willingness to learn and never stop learning. 
What has been your biggest challenge so far?
Finding a balance between working my full time job and operating my business 

How did you overcome this challenge?
I work my business as if it is a full time job (it truly is). Just as I'm obligated to my full time job during certain hours, I have established operating hours for my business. 

A young person walks up to you asking your advice and only had a few minutes, what would be your best advice?

Never allow another person to dictate whether you follow your dreams. Sometimes you have to be your own support system and cheering section. 


I hope you enjoyed learning about Antoinette as much as I did. If you would like to learn more about Antoinette and Truly Charmed:


Comments